Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ballet Dancing.

I decided to go out of my comfort zone for this project. I can't have no dancing skills whatsoever you could hardly consider me graceful. So I asked around Hinckley Hall to see if anyone knew how to dance. As it turns out, Stephanie from my hall used to take ballet. She agreed to teach me some of the basics:



Before we began, I thought that ballet had more to do with the position of your feet, but she explained to me that it's not just that, it's the centralization of the body and the straight back. Although I will probably never (NEVER) become a professional dancer, it was nice to have stepped out of my comfort zone and learned a type of passed on knowledge.


2 comments:

  1. I thought there was turning in ballet. Do you have to learn all of the positions before you can turn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have to learn the basic positions before you can turn. Stephanie taught me some turns, but we didn't show them in the video because the dorm is carpeted and it's tricky turning on carpet without struggling.

    ReplyDelete