Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chicken Scratch

 All right, so today I am going to put up two posts and this one will be short.  I was thinking about what I would blog about this week when I realized that my room mate's girlfriend had a set of calligraphy pens.  I figured that there would be nothing like a hands on experience with something that most of us are completely unfamiliar with today.  I started messing around and wrote this page (albeit somewhat sloppily) just to try my hand at writing with the metal tipped ink pen.





This is a stencil that I used to try and copy my own old english lettering.  I thought I did all right.





When I came to class today, Alicia saw my pictures and promptly said, "Oh no.  We need to work on that.  You used the wrong pen."  Oops.  Well I guess with so little (0) training I totally messed this up.  As a group we decided to get together and Alicia is going to teach us all some calligraphy basics, so I guess this is kind of like my "before" shot.  We will post the "After" results within a couple of days.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry! I didn't mean to pick on you. I guess today was not my most articulate/tactful. But I am excited that we will be able to get together and do calligraphy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Don't worry about it alicia. I was not offended. I just had no idea what I was doing. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited too!! The Calligraphy is going to be great!!

    ReplyDelete