Monday, December 12, 2011

Are You Lost in Learning? I Am.

I know we won't be here much longer, but I would really like to share this with anyone who happens to read these last posts on the blog.  And of course, it has a story with it, though mercifully short.  :-)

When I get bored with homework in the library, especially chemistry, I start exploring the art exhibits throughout the library.  They are always interesting, if not always the most amazing art.  So the awesome exhibit that was in the Library Auditorium Entrance was really cool just a little while ago.  I felt that it also adeptly applied to our class and what we have been learning, which is why I am sharing it with you all.  It is titled "Lost in Learning" and is about the amazing men and women of the Renaissance and the Scientific Revolution (Leonardo DaVinci, Columbus, Newton, etc.).  It is a photographic exhibit and they are just really inspiring to me.

Just a taste, and not her best in my opinion.  Titled "Journal".  

The coolest thing is that her website about the exhibit is just as masterfully done.  And she has a blog!! So here are the links to these great pictures and the blog, and I hope you enjoy this artistic inspiration and want to keep that great curiosity that inspired these people alive in yourself.  Keep reinventing knowledge, and expressing yourself with our limited institutionalized freedom.  It is part of our heritage as humanity and divinity to create and discover.  Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. I liked your motivational parting thoughts. It has been a fun semester; I hope you go on to better things, possibly bigger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia, I usually start with small things around me to make the most possible impact out of that short attention. I would appeal to everyone to do their own research as part of contributing to stimulating interest in library study room. Boring moments can be handled with motivational inspiration and experienced creatively before turned into a funny little stories! That's what I call when I feel a bit distressed happy thoughts at moments of study in the library. I think back to those summer days in hope and love of new home with Honey. From this experience I know that it obviously helps to relax a bit if not at all as I look back in retrospect when strange feelings arouse in homecoming win. As demonstrated in the artwork by Leonardi da Vinci visceral factors really have a play in it to discover what it feels like being that homesick person, myself.

      Delete