Monday, December 5, 2011

Frustration

So I have been in the library for a few hours and realized why I am not a history major.  History essays are really hard for me to write.  I feel like in other subjects you have to understand a concept pretty well to write an essay but for history you have to do 3 times as much research.  I am still trying to formulate my thesis statement.  I am thinking of doing something about either Vesalius that I referenced in my last blog post or maybe I will talk about the resurgence of popularity of the texts of the ancient Greek philosopher and physician Galen.  Or maybe both of them.  I am still figuring everything out.  Hopefully I will get it all figured out soon to post a thesis statement up here and get my draft done for tomorrow.  Otherwise it will be a late night.  Any insight would be much appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Remember this is a short paper, only a few pages. You don't have room to address too many things. I thought that your blog on Vesalius was cool. What if you did something simple like:
    "the freedom fostered by the Renaissance made it possible for Vesalius to investigate anatomy and pathology in a way that was impossible in the more controlled dark ages"?
    You would have three points to prove 1 per page and it is really focused

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow alicia. I really like that Idea. I just got home from FHE and saw this and am starting again so I hope that you don't mind if I use that or maybe a slightly modified version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY QUESTION - Do you think that I have to write the whole essay about printing specifically or could I go the direction of the Scientific Revolution and use the printing press as only one of my key points that contributed to that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you'd be fine to talk about the Scientific Revolution, and it would definitely be good to talk about printing within that context, but printing is already such a huge topic, I'd say don't give yourself too much more than that to cover. We've got so few pages as it is for this paper.

    ReplyDelete